The team at Old St Labs has been busy recently. As part of our efforts to highlight the importance of supplier collaboration within the enterprise, we’ve been traversing the globe to run a series of roundtables. Our first session was held at Airbnb’s headquarters in San Francisco.
For this session, we were joined by procurement leaders from the likes of Twitter, Google, Roche and Disney.
The roundtable was split into two sessions. We opened with the former SVP Sourcing and Procurement at The Walt Disney Company and Visiting Professor at the Cranfield School of Management, Remko Van Hoek who gave an in-depth look into procurement progression and the role that supplier collaboration plays therein. His insights covered both the enormous untapped potential as well as the pitfalls that await procurement teams bold enough to undertake such a journey.
After Remko’s presentation, Mark Perera, Old St Labs Founder, and CEO, facilitated an inclusive discussion in which attendees debated topics like:
- The extent to which traditional SRM differs from supplier collaboration
- What does value beyond savings mean to you and your organisation?
- What challenges do you face in enabling supplier collaboration?
- Engaging people how do you engage people around this new supplier collaboration value proposition?
- How can supplier collaboration be measured?
- How do you select suppliers for collaborative partnerships?
All of this and more is summarised in our event write-up, which you can download for free here.
As I mentioned earlier, San Francisco was the first event in our roundtable series, stayed tuned for information on what happened in London, Munich and New Jersey.